- The beginning of June was hot for our Service Channel project. The reason of such busy time was Hackathon, that united more than 20 teams from different locations. The event was held on 4 – 6 June and included 29 topics, 29 teams from New York, Pleasanton and Minsk.
- All the Hacks were ServiceChannel related;
- Hacks could be for external product enhancements or internal tools/process optimizations (not active roadmap items);
- Teams consisted of 2 or more people (NY/PL) and 3 or more people (Minsk);
- Every team had its own name, introduction team slide and hack presentation;
- Presentation timing was no more than 3 minutes;
- All presentations were performed online via Zoom;
- Slack was the voting platform for everyone (both watchers and participants).
Here are the main rules of Hackathon:
Minsk office has represented 21 teams and topics. Participants brainstormed and performed various ideas and solutions connected to the ServiceChannel project. Every team recommended itself as great programmers, QAs, BAs, PMs, ideas creators and performers. Our Minsk office made a good showing in such categories as “Best External Hack”, “Best Internal Hack”, “Best Hack”. Congratulations to all the teams and participants! It was a tough, but fascinating time, and you did your best. Hope, that such events will become a tradition in our project.
ServiceChannel is the world leader in Facility Management Industry. The company provides sophisticated facility management technology solutions that help global brands develop best practices, enhance a corporate brand image and drive significant savings. SolbegSoft has been cooperating with ServiceChannel to create a cloud-based (SaaS-delivered) Facility Management platform that automates the entire repair & maintenance service delivery process.